Friday, June 10, 2011

Let go and let God


I was reading this book called though times never last but tough people do by Robert Schuller and found a very interesting poem.

Most of the times we prey and ask God for things we want in our life and the most silly thing we do is we help God with ideas as to how he should give us those things, we never ask him and let go, we never let God give us what we asked him in his time.

we will be, " if you do this and that, if you use this person to get me..." we try to give God some hints and options that he should use to help us. I do that, you do that, but here is what we should learn;  ask God for what you want and let Go and let God give you what you desire.

               LET GO AND LET GOD            

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He was my Friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How can you be so slow?”
“My child”,He said,”what could I do?
you never did let go.”

2 comments: