Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Day!

“Every day is the first day of my life” I read the preceding quote distractedly and recalled what my mentor once had said about time; There are only three days in my time conception;  Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today and explained their meaning.

Yesterday: - I call whatever has passed as ‘yesterday’, even something that had happened five minutes ago it is yesterday- because it has passed… gone. I have no control over it- it’s nothing but a flashback, unalterable memory.

Tomorrow: - tomorrow is the future, the unlived, indeterminate, that I am not certain about.

Today: today is now, the only moment I am certain about, the moment of life, the only time I have; the instant I guarantee, and the time I can act upon!

Until I read the above quote and recalled my mentor’s definition of time, it has never clearly occurred to me that our life is made up of a single day. That one concrete day we have control of is today. Yesterday is nothing but a flashback and tomorrow is the unknown.

I suppose, we are given a new chance to start over our lives over today. That is why today is a Present. It is a precious gift. When I wake up on a new day, mindful that it in actuality, it is the only day I have, I promise myself to be grateful and present. I feel as if each waking day is my birthday. The day I get reborn, the day I am given a new chance to learn from yesterday’s experience and act upon today so that I may ensure a better tomorrow(perhaps, if I am given another waking chance). Happy New Day, Happy New Year!

Today

Am I old in time?

Or, I old in essence

Aren’t I born just now?

As old as present

What is but yesteryear?

Time that just went by

What is but yesterday?

The day that just gone by

As shadow as image

Bygone, in memory

That I cannot remake

Amend the outcome

So, I say…

“Today is my birthday!”

My first day of life!

My shot to blossom

My chance to flourish,

My day to feel alive!

                                                                               -------//--------

No comments:

Post a Comment