“Walk the talk”
I was reading Robert Kiyosaki’s (the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad) book called Increase your financial IQ and encountered with this small principle, ‘walk the talk’ which made me realize the two people accordingly, ‘The walker’ and ‘the talker’.
Some people, I can say most of us are good in talking or even advising. We know all the theories and principles about success in every aspect of life. However, we don’t apply those things in our lives. We don’t live our knowledge, we don’t walk the talk. We are the watchers; ones who give advise to others and witness in our own eyes the change of those who we advised.
There are those who know little but acts much, those who walk the talk, and those who apply their knowledge, the real wise. After all, wisdom is nothing but knowledge applied.
According to the book, the poor are poor because they are rich, because they know too much. But the rich become rich because they were poor. Hence, once they got the knowledge they needed to change their lives they didn’t risk to hold it; they applied their knowledge; so that, they won’t lose the little thing they know.
Here is a poem to those who talk and forgot to walk the talk, ‘Walk it like you talk it’!
THE ADVISER
In search of solution,
Against all my odds
I saw an adviser
So I can get wiser.
The adviser,
The ‘wiser’
As he sat still
Teaching all in a row
Thought me all I know
I, the advised
Learn to walk the talk
While, the adviser
The ‘wiser’
The watcher,
Kept on advising
To his old age,
Until he cannot walk
And quit to talk.
Bini – June 26, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment