As I was going through the first chapter of the first book of the Bible, I came across these words, then God said, “let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule … over the ground.” Reading to the preceding phrase, I paused for a while, thinking if life is a mission. Hence, for there is no end to the kingdom of God, a notion came to my mind that there will be series of missions to be given to man ahead. According to this thought, earth is the first mission given to man so he can rule over the earth and dwell. By dwell, the mission manual (Bible) emphasized for man to ‘do-well’ on earth.After any first mission is accomplished there usually comes another mission; that’s why, for every man who accomplishes his mission on earth the mission maker promised to grant the next; which is heaven. So, I wondered, is heaven really a mission to unfold? If it is, what would be the next mission after? For, life is series of missions. Here is this thought in poem:
THE NEXT MISSON
Man was sent down,
From the holly divine
With a mission to dwell,
‘Do-well’, on the earth
Learn and understand.
Thereby,“Conquer the land.”
For, success on mission
Lead to promotion
As stipulated,
AS in the manual,
“Those who ‘do-well’”
Take their assignment
High above, on heaven
Hopping to dwell
In the next, as well
BINI – May 15, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment