This poem came up as a hypothetical debate between the three main components that made up humans- the mind, the body and the soul. And I figured out there are three kinds of people according to the dominance of these three. The thought is a bit philosophical and wide but I’ll try to put what I thought of as short as follows:People whose minds dominate are people who have the personality of following their mind, their reasoning, and their asking capacity. They tend to live up by the fruits of their mind output. They feel life is all about mind games, calculating risks and analyzing the benefits of each of their activities.Others are those whose bodies dominate. These are the kind of people who view life as nothing but one time chance to enjoy and satisfy their body needs with all the bodily wants. All they think about is to eat, drink and pleasure their body by any means possible.The third ones are those whose soul dominates. These are the people who understand the unworthiness of following only one of the pieces, the body or the mind. For,the mind is nothing but a calculative tool given for us to systematically live our life; and the body is nothing but our physical form that transports us and functions as nothing but material representationof us. But the soul is a special divine gift filled with emotions, filled with the power of compromising and balancing the two.People whose souls dominate indeed don’t fall for the egoistic need of the mind or the body; because those two are never satisfied they are occupied with the constant need to be wealthier and be famous. But the soul only understands and weighs the balance of life. The soul is selfless, the soul is noble, the soul is genuine, the soul is helping, the soul is carrying, the soul is serving … it is the kind of personality we see in those people like Mother Teresa, Gandhi and some others. These are the kind of people who understood to balance their three pieces and let their souls dominate.Hey! wait, what’s the magic with the number three anyways? We are made up of these three pieces and in the book of Genesis/creation/ the creator or shall I say the creators are identified as three. Isn’t it why it says “let us make man in our image, in our likeness…” I better end my topic otherwise thoughts won’t stop flowing. Here is the hypothetical debate between these three. Trios – meaning threesomes
DISPUTE TRIOS (The mind, the body and the soul)
The Mind
The leader, I shall be
I reason sincerely
Contemplate thoroughly
I research, study
I invent, I doubt
I mind, rule out
The Body
I carry the mind
The so called intellect
That has never mind
While asleep tired
Or paused gotten stoned
The Soul
You may think, you may hold
You may glow, may mind
None of that, does matter
For, I provide the answer
I bridge, I connect
I balance, I reflect
No mind, is genuine
No body, is moral
I middle to balance
I bridge the duos
For we are threesomes
Made up of trios
BINI – June 6, 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment